If you are a beginner in marketing with social media, you first need to get a Facebook and Twitter page. It takes a while before followers and fans start showing interest in your page. If you know how to play your game right, the social marketing network is very easy. The following are some of the tips you could make use of while promoting your business on Facebook and Twitter:
• Avoid using bots and spam. Spamming is a very dangerous and rude way of getting views from followers and fans for the page you have created. Once you are marked as a spammer, you get blacklisted and you might not know the next step twitter or Facebook will take when you spam again deliberately.
• Get your site plugged by going to a face book or twitter page and getting involved in the discussion. That way, you can mention your page in the discussion board as way of getting traffic in your page. You can send a message to the page’s administrator and ask them to mention you in their posts and recommend you and your page. This is another great way of promoting your business on Facebook and Twitter.
• Start a highly talked about discussion thread. Being the first person to start such a discussion gets you noticed not only on Facebook and twitter, but also on Google rankings. In case your thread solves a problem that has been very much debatable, consider yourself very lucky.
• Use all the boxes Facebook avails to you such as the videos, notes, sharing links etc.
• Communication is very important. Interaction between administrators and fans or followers is very important. It is very good to be leaving at least two messages a day to your fans as a way of promoting your business on Facebook and Twitter.